In changing churches it is easy to forget that there really is, and never will be any such thing as a perfect church. Searching for a new church will go much smoother if it is founded on that knowledge. Even the closest-to-perfect church will immediately become less perfect the moment you become its newest member. Don’t expect your new church family in Spring, Texas to be any more perfect than you are! Everyone (yourself included) is always in need of grace. Since Jesus Christ was the only perfect person, the church, by definition, is filled to the brim with sinners. Despite knowing all this, don’t negate considering the quality of a church in some of these ways:
* Look for a new church in Spring, Texas with a high regard for the Bible. Some churches offer nice, fluffy, sweet, feel-good sermons, which are often compared to sugary dessert concoctions. But for faith and knowledge to deepen, you need substance, in the same way your body needs a meal before that dessert. As you listen to the sermon in a new church you’re considering joining, be sure to choose one where the sermons are based soundly on scripture. The Body of Christ should have a consistent diet of God’s word, one that is full of principals with challenges and instructions in how to implement them in life.
* The Church may be full of imperfect people, but those people should be still be welcoming and friendly. There can be two extremes when you enter a new church environment. The first is where you (the visitor) can be almost over whelmed by friendliness, handshakes, and smiles extended by people who are eager to invite you into their Church family and make you their newest friend of Spring, Texas. The second environment is the other end of the friendly spectrum where you as the visitor feel like you’ve walked into a posh family reunion and you’re ranked below the black sheep of the family. Its important to feel welcomed on Sunday mornings. Walking in every week knowing you will be able to develop encouraging relationships with other Family members is an important part of worship and life.
* Find a Church family in Spring, Texas that has purpose and direction. Common sense would dictate that a church body with a clear mission and sound vision has come about because its leaders posses these qualities. The Church is mean to be about something bigger than itself. The Body of Christ was designed to carry out The Great Commission and by committing to join a Church, you are also promising to be a part of something much bigger than yourself. But the Church you join needs to understand that they are about something bigger than just their own Church as well. A church with good leadership and a clear mission will be unified, vibrant, and active. This will be naturally attractive to believers and non-believers.
* The purpose and directing previously mentioned will manifest itself in service and involvement, both within the church and throughout the world. This is an important sign of the health of the church you are looking to join and it will also be important for your own spiritual health. The church should be a place full of people discovering and developing their gifts as individuals and as a team. It is essential for your own spiritual health to use your gifts, be developing new ones, and integrating your gifts with the gifts of others in The Body.
* The value a church places on evangelism, and services to the community of Spring, Texas and around the world are more indicators of a healthy place of growth and family. A good church takes the time to look inward for a healthy assessment of itself, but it is also clearly focused outward toward the lost world surrounding them. Find out how many non-believers have come to church in the last year. Discover what the church’s plan is for reaching out to their community. Your new church in Spring, Texas should be aware of their sins and areas in need of improvement while being passionate about the non-believers around them.
For more information on the Bible and The House of Prayer Missionary Baptist Church, please visit our website, about Baptist Churches Spring Texas or call (713) 454-9291.
Andrew Hallinan is the owner of Tampa Search Engine Optimization company, and is Tampa Bay’s leading Search Marketing Specialist.